Thursday 24 September 2009

Chapter 4Tate Exhebition

The video I saw was Rocky 1976 by Paul McCarthy, it was of a man, who was naked in a room as he was beating himself up with bocing gloves, and the second video was of the same man covering himself in cream. The two videos were projected on to 2 walls and instead of the projector being on the ceiling the projector was on the table, which already made me sense that there was something wrong. The room was white and spacious and the air conditioning was on full blast which made me feel very awkward. Infact the whole package made me feel awkward becuase the man was naked and you don't get naked people in public. It felt as if I was viewing something private that I wasn't ment to be viewing. It did make me understand the movie a bit more, I felt as if the man was angry at himself and the world so he wants to do something dangerous and controversial. The reason why I chose this video out of all the other ones I saw was because none of the other videos made me feel anything, this video really shocked me. The camera angle was filmed looking up on him which made me feel very small. I didn't see the end becuase I felt as if the movie was too much so I couldn't carry on watching it.

1 comment:

  1. Very good Hayden. Did the space make you feel like you could talk or give comment to the work, or did you have the feeling that you had to sit and just watch?

    ReplyDelete