Wednesday 30 September 2009

Experimental Video Ideas

Idea 1- A person in a room with nothing in it, there is no sound, no music. He is partying and having a good time. Taken from another video I saw at the tate gallery without the college. It was a video of an old man who was completely letting his hair down. There was no sound or music and you couldn't even tell that he was listening to a song or not. It made you really smile and this would be the effect that I would want on the audience, just to make them feel a happy emotions inside.

Idea 2- Starting from the ground floor, I will film the view from each window. When it get's to the 9th floor. I fill only film for 1 second then go straight back down to the ground again. The film will be called Treefingers, it's meaning is human life going through growth then basically decomposing. Essentually, nothing you do in life really matters, although it is fun. The idea was taken from Koyaanisqatsi, the russian movie where it shows life evolving then eventually decomposing.

Idea 3- I am going to film 5 people standing in a room for about an hour (obviously I will shorten it down) and just have them standing there against a wall. This idea is the most craft based of all my ideas, it is taken from a video that I saw at the tate when the woman who filmed it got 5 policemen just to stand against a wall. You get attached to one person who has a really bad itch or something. Obiously I would need some extra time for this movie, I think about 10 minutes would do it some justice. Please talk to me and tell me wether or not I can have this extra time, because this is the one that I most want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment